IVP - Strangely Dim - Name That Index!

July 25, 2005

Name That Index!

All right, time to play the nation's least popular summer time activity:

Name That Index!!!

The following entry is from the index to a forthcoming book from InterVarsity Press. Click HERE to review our list of forthcoming titles, then post your guess to Strangely Dim. The winner gets nothing--which may be part of the reason this game is so unpopular.

And the entry is . . . "Old School Presbyterians, America"

And the forthcoming book is . . . ?

Godspeed.

Posted by Dave Zimmerman at July 25, 2005 8:32 AM Bookmark and Share

Comments

My guess is either "Christian Zionism" or "Designer Sex".

Comment by: Dan Webster at July 26, 2005 11:57 AM

Wrong!!!! Not sure what you think of Presbyterians that you'd put them in "Designer Sex," but thanks for playing. Try again!

Comment by: dave at July 26, 2005 12:01 PM

my guess:
The Dominance of Evangelicalism

other comments:
I'm interested that IVP is selling Designer Sex in a 5-pack. I would have thought people wanted Designer Sex in higher volume. Maybe that's just me.

Is IVP starting a ". . . Made Slightly Less Difficult" series? Now you have two (Evangelism, & Philosophy). Suggestions for future titles:
"Brain Surgery Made Slightly Less Difficult"
"Dating Made Slightly Less Difficult"
"Child Rearing Made Slightly Less Difficult"

Comment by: Macon at July 26, 2005 7:43 PM

Macon wins the prize! Which is, sadly, nothing . . .

I wish we'd publish a book called "Book Selling Made Slightly Less Difficult."

There's probably a market for "Children Made Slightly Less Difficult"--could be the slogan for Ritalin.

Comment by: dave at July 27, 2005 8:14 AM

Yaay!

Most people would say at this point, "Wow, I've never won anything before!" but all I get to say is, "Wow, I've never won nothing before!"

Usually I just get nothing for free. This time I had to win it.

Comment by: Macon at July 27, 2005 9:52 PM

"Officially" I'm a Presbyterian -- so I suppose I should ask what I think of myself?

Congrats to Macon on winning... well, nothing. Thanks (for nothing) Dave!

I have a few suggestions for the "...Made Slightly Less Difficult" series:

* "The Trinity Made Slightly Less Difficult" - or - "Yes, 3 = 1..."
* "Understanding the Opposite Sex Made Slightly Less Difficult"
* "The Purpose of Life Made Slightly Less Difficult"

Comment by: Dan Webster at July 28, 2005 10:00 AM

How about "Presbyterians Made Slightly Less Difficult"? No offense--some of my best friends are Presbyterian.

Comment by: dave at July 28, 2005 10:08 AM

All I can say Dave is that I am not signing up to write the "Easy Presbyterians" book!
It will probably take someone outside our world to shed some light on our strange ways. Are we really all that challenging???

Comment by: Karen at August 3, 2005 12:24 PM

Oops. I meant "Presbyterianism Made Slightly Less Difficult." Guess I had a rough Sunday morning. I'm glad to see, however, that the arthritis drug lawyers are weighing in on the subject.

Comment by: dave at August 3, 2005 1:04 PM