What I Dithcovered in Theattle: Third Timeth a Charm
I'm in Seattle for the New Conspirators conference. Here's what I'm learning.
* The least are the new most.
* Some reports put "regular church attendance" at once a month.
* Third places don't have clocks. Neither are they monoprogrammatic.
* As long as you have a segregated city, you will not be a leader in the multiethnic church. (Tali Hairston)
* Seattle is a lonely city; in such a context, hospitality is prophetic.
* Commercialized community further marginalizes the poor and outcast. (Karen Ward)
* To create is to not destroy. (Karen Ward)
* As soon as you are willing to be told what to do by a twenty year old, you will have twenty year olds in your church. (Karen Ward)
* We are called to be ourselves, remembering that our true self is a child of God, redeemed in Christ, enlivened by the Spirit.
* I miss Lombard.
Posted by Dave Zimmerman
at March 1, 2008 8:50 AM